Viewing entries for January 2017
First post since 2013, better be for something good, right?
Well no, not really. But hey it's something: my employer (Opera Software AS) has released as open source one of the projects that I've worked on during my time working here. Find it on GitHub here:
It's probably not much use to you unless you happen to be looking for a user interface to manage a PowerDNS authoritative server (and maybe have a particular desire to have it authenticate with LDAP and allow multiple users to be assigned as admins to specific zones). But if you are, then maybe it could be really useful. Here's the feature list:
- Connects to PowerDNS via its JSON API.
- Allows login managed by LDAP server.
- Create zones; add, edit and delete records.
- Grant multiple users access to administer a zone.
- Lower access level that allows to view a zone and request changes.
- Provides its own JSON API for making changes to DNS records.
- Keeps a changelog of all DNS changes done through it.
- (Optionally) export all zones as bind-format zone files and store changes in git.