|Address:||Available on request|
|Telephone:||Available on request|
A hard working person, constantly seeking to expand his abilities. Can work effectively both on his own and as part of a team. Friendly and approachable, highly focused and motivated in his work. Thinks logically and can adapt ideas to the situation at hand.
- BSc Honours degree in Computer Science from the University of Bath
- 4 A Levels (3 A, 1 B)
- 1 AS Level (A)
- 10 GCSEs including 2 A and 2 A*
- RSA Text Processing II Part 1 – Distinction
- RSA Word Processing II Part 2 – Distinction
- RSA Text Processing III Part 1 – Distinction
- Full, clean British driving license.
Opera Software (2007 - present)
Position: Systems Developer, Global IT
Development, maintenance and support of various systems, servers and infrastructure used to facilitate day-to-day running of the company.
Two of the systems I developed have been released as open source projects by my employer:
Spartan Press (2003 - 2007)
Position: IT Manager
My duties as IT Manager were many and (extremely) varied:
- Maintenance of the computer system itself. The network comprises of several Windows PCs, 2 Debian Linux servers (one running the intranet and one providing backup services) and a Linux-based firewall.
- I created many of the websites listed on HighlandHost.net as well as the HighlandHost website itself. Many of these also included design work.
- Maintained the webserver that hosts the company's websites as well as the websites of various clients of the web-hosting division at HighlandHost.net.
- My programming services were also contracted out to another client for development of their extranet system.
- I was also called upon to perform various non-IT related tasks including (but not limited to) stock control, customer service, order fulfillment and grounds maintenance.
Tyco Electronics UK Ltd (2000 - 2001)
Position: Web Developer
Other IT Experience
Computer Science - University Of Bath
In the duration of the course, I studied technical subjects (such as Programming, Compilation Computer Architecture and Principles Of Computer Operation), mathematical subjects (such as Logic and Set Theory), design subjects (eg. Algorithms, Formal Program Development and Human Computer Interaction) and business studies subjects (including Information Management and Financial Accounting). As such I have a broad knowledge base in the many areas of Computer Science.
Position: Administrator and Developer
Position: Committee member / Webmaster
My responsibilities as a committee member involved helping to set up and run networks at society LAN meetings, troubleshooting hardware, software and configuration problems on other members' computers and writing articles for the society website. As webmaster my responsibilities were to ensure that the web pages were kept up-to-date, and to ensure that all new pages were web standards compliant.
I have built my own computer and have customised it to my own needs and specifications. I have also undertaken contracts to custom-build computers for various individuals.
Outside of computing, I have a keen interest in music, in particular I have been a member of the Blakesley Benefice Church Choir and Skala Operakor. I enjoy playing table-top role-playing games, board games and computer games. I also enjoy outdoor activities (such as climbing, canoeing, sailing, hiking and cycling).
Available on request.